Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 8 and 9

The Great Wall and Summer Palace

Dad and I went to the great wall. There was still some snow up there so it was quite beautiful. I had on 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts and a jacket, I was too warm! The place we went if you went to the left it was mainly just hilly few stairs mainly uphill but we went to the right and it's downhill and a ton of steps, going down is great coming back ughh! I looked back and was like oh man....is all uphill from now, it was quite a work out. I was glad I hadn't worn anything nice because I sweated through it.

We went out to lunch and then to this flower market and out to dinner last night with my parents friends. It was ladies nights so we got free margarita's which were pretty week, and I was sitting on the end next to this new couple so I had the mindset that I had to drink as much as I can to get through this, but my dad sat with me and the people were nice of course. They were actually really weak and my dad said he didn't taste any alcohol at all. It just got too smoky after while and then it's just not enjoyable...no matter how much you drink I hate the smoke.

This morning I worked out (Zach no Mr. Li) and then we went to the Summer Palace. We were supposed to go to this other park closer but Mr. Xu got in his head to take us to Summer Palace and nothing was stopping him! This one road was closed or backed up so he turned around and went back up a one way street, and no not a street a HIGHWAY that he just turns round and drives the wrong way... totally common here. He did it again later when he started going up this highway over pass but realized it was the wrong way backed down it and after being honked at a million times made it down and back into the flow of traffic. Crazy crazy crazy!

My ears are quite sensitive and hurt if it's cold out so I have been wearing my hat and today I forgot it so it was my scarf wrapped around my head...

Pics in reverse order:


















No comments:

Post a Comment